当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第133期:Do 宴会

The english we speak(BBC教学)第133期:Do 宴会

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.2W 次

padding-bottom: 58.04%;">The english we speak(BBC教学)第133期:Do 宴会

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。

Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil, you look terrible! You've got red eyes, grey skin and your voice is so rough!

菲菲:我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你看起来很糟糕!你的眼睛发红,肤色发灰,声音沙哑!

Neil: Oh, Feifei, you're right. I feel terrible. I went to a leaving do last night and I drank too much beer... and wine...

尼尔:菲菲,你说得没错。我感觉很糟。我昨晚参加了一个欢送会,我喝了太多啤酒,还有红酒……

Feifei: A leaving do? Do?

菲菲:一个leaving do?Do?

Neil: Yes, a leaving do. A colleague has got a job at another company and had a party to celebrate his last day.

尼尔:对,一个欢送会。一个同事在另一家公司找到了份新工作,所以他办了个聚会来庆祝他在这里的最后一天。

Feifei: So it was a party?

菲菲:所以那是个派对?

Neil: Yes, that's what I said. It was a leaving do.

尼尔:对,就是我刚才说过的,一个欢送会。

Feifei: Right, so 'do' is a noun and it means party?

菲菲:好,所以do在这里是个名词,意思是聚会?

Neil: Yes, that's right. It's British English. Urgh.

尼尔:对,没错。这是英式英语。

Feifei: Ah, so in British English, another word for party is 'do'.

菲菲:所以在英式英语中,派对也可以用do来表示。

A: Did you enjoy Mary's wedding?

A:你在玛丽的婚礼上玩得开心吗?

B: Oh, it was an amazing do. The food was delicious and there was an excellent band playing. We danced all night!

B:哦,那真是个非常精彩的宴会。食物非常好吃,而且乐队演奏非常棒。我们整晚都在跳舞!

A: Oh, hi Dave. We're having a bit of a do on Saturday and wondered if you and Sally would like to come over?

A:你好,戴夫。我们打算周六举行一场小型宴会,不知道你和萨莉愿不愿意来参加?

B: Thanks, that would be great. You two always put on a good do.

B:谢谢你,那真是太好了。你们两个人总是举办精彩的宴会。

Feifei: So is this a common word?

菲菲:所以这个词很常用吗?

Neil: Yes, you'll hear it all the time: especially in certain phrases.

尼尔:对,你会经常听到这个词;尤其是在特定的词组中。

Feifei: Like what?

菲菲:举例来说呢?

Neil: Well, a leaving do.

尼尔:比如欢送会。

Feifei: A leaving do.

菲菲:欢送会。

Neil: And a bit of a do–we're having a bit of a do.

尼尔:还有小型聚会,我们计划办场小型聚会。

Feifei: A bit of a do. So, was it a good leaving do last night?

菲菲:小型聚会。那昨晚的欢送会精彩吗?

Neil: Um, yes, yes, yes it was very good... I think. I can't really remember...

尼尔:嗯,很棒,非常精彩……我想,其实我不太记得了……

Feifei: Go home and get some sleep!

菲菲:回家睡一会儿吧!

Neil: That's a very, very good idea. Bye for now.

尼尔:这是个非常棒的主意。现在该结束节目了。

Feifei: Bye!

菲菲:再见!

重点讲解:
1. do
宴会;社交聚会;社交活动;
eg. A friend of his is having a do in Stoke.
他的一位朋友正在斯托克举办宴会。
eg. They always have all-night dos there.
他们经常在那儿闹通宵。
2. come over
顺便来访;过来;
eg. I already told you not to come over.
我已经告诉你别过来了。
eg. The car has not been running very well and a mechanic had to come over to have a look at it.
这辆车最近跑起来一直不是很顺,只好请修理工来看了一下。
3. all the time
一直;始终;
eg. Ray was very giggly and joking all the time.
蕾特别喜欢咯咯地笑,而且总是爱开玩笑。
eg. Conditions are changing all the time.
情况始终都在变化。
4. put on
上演;举办;展出;
eg. They are putting on Macbeth next week.
他们下周演出《麦克白》。
eg. Now, to put on a broadway play or musical, you need backers.
就当下来说,想上演一场百老汇的戏剧或者歌舞剧,得有赞助商。