当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第149期:Swizz 骗局

The english we speak(BBC教学)第149期:Swizz 骗局

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.11W 次

padding-bottom: 58.04%;">The english we speak(BBC教学)第149期:Swizz 骗局

William: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm William.

威廉:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是威廉。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li.

杨莉:我是杨莉。

William: you.look very pleased today Li.

威廉:莉,你今天看上去很高兴。

Yang Li: Well, I should be. I've just won a prize!

杨莉:嗯,我应该高兴。我刚刚中奖了!

William: Wow, great! What did you win?

威廉:哇,太棒了!你中了什么奖?

Yang Li: I don't know yet. I ate this bar of chocolate and it told me to phone a number to find out my prize.

杨莉:我还不知道呢。我刚才吃了这块巧克力,这里说让我打这个电话去领奖。

William: Oh wow, cool. Let's call them.

威廉:哦,哇,真酷。我们来打电话吧。

Yang Li: OK.

杨莉:好的。

Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.

欢迎拨打 Choccy Choc Chocolate奖品热线。请不要挂断,您马上就会知道你获得了什么精彩奖品。

Yang Li: Wow, this is exciting!

杨莉:哇,这太令人激动了!

Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.

欢迎拨打 Choccy Choc Chocolate奖品热线。请不要挂断,您马上就会知道你获得了什么精彩奖品。

William: Hmmm.

威廉:嗯。

Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.

欢迎拨打 Choccy Choc Chocolate奖品热线。请不要挂断,您马上就会知道你获得了什么精彩奖品。

Yang Li: It can't be long now...

杨莉:不会再等了吧……

William: Li, can I see that chocolate wrapper?

威廉:莉,我能看看那个巧克力的包装纸吗?

Yang Li: OK. What does it say?

杨莉:好。上面说什么了?

William: It says "Calls to this line are charged at £20 a minute"!

威廉:上面写着“拨打这个电话每分钟收费20英镑”!

Yang Li: What?! No way! Well, shall we hang up?

杨莉:什么?!不行!我们要不要挂断?

William: I should think so! What a swizz.

威廉:我也是这么想的。这是个骗局。

Hangs up

挂断电话

Yang Li: A swizz?

杨莉:A swizz是什么?

William: Yes, a swizz. A swizz is a scheme that tricks people to make money. Like this company is making you call an expensive phone line–it's a swizz.

威廉:对,骗局。这个词指那些通过欺骗人们来赚钱的计谋。就像这家公司让你打这个昂贵的电话一样,这就是骗局。

Yang Li: I see.

杨莉:我明白了。

William: We might say "What a swizz", or "That's a bit of a swizz".

威廉:我们会说What a swizz,或是That's a bit of a swizz。

Yang Li: So, how do we spell this word, swizz?

杨莉:那swizz这个词怎么拼呢?

William: Well you know, I'm not too sure. I've seen it spelled S.W.I.Z.Z. but I've also seen S.W.I.Z.

威廉:你知道,我也不太确定。我曾经看到过那个词的拼写,是S.W.I.Z.Z。不过我也看到过拼成S.W.I.Z的。

Yang Li: You mean you don't know how to spell it? But this is BBC Learning English! We should know how to spell it. What a swizz!

杨莉:你是说你不知道这个词怎么拼?这可是BBC英语学习节目啊!我们应该知道这个词怎么拼写。这是个骗局!

William: Ha ha. Yeah, I'm sorry! But that's just the way English is sometimes, it's always changing! At least you know-

威廉:哈哈。对,我很抱歉!不过这只是英语中偶尔会用到的表达,总是在变化的!至少你知道了……

Phone rings

电话响了

Yang Li: Oh! Hello?

杨莉:哦!你好?

Choc Person: Hello is that Yang Li?

克力公司员工:你好,请问是杨莉吗?

Yang Li: Yes.

杨莉:对,我是。

Choc Person: We have a missed call from you. Just ringing to say you've won a prize!

巧克力公司员工:我们刚才没有接到你的来电。我们打来是告诉你你中奖了!

Yang Li: Wow, what is it?

杨莉:哇,奖品是什么?

Choc Person: You need to ring this number to find out. 0800 23 4…

巧克力公司员工:你要打这个电话了解详情。电话号码是0800 23 4…

Yang Li: Ha! What a swizz. Bye.

杨莉:哈哈!这是骗局。再见。

William: Bye.

威廉:再见。

重点讲解:
1. find out
(尤指特意通过努力)发现,找出,查明;
eg. They conducted two studies to find out.
她们实施了两个研究去查明结果。
eg. We'll find out what happened.
我们会弄清楚到底发生了什么。
2. hang up
挂断(电话);
eg. If you have no other business, you may hang up the phone.
如果你没有其他事,你就可以挂机了。
eg. I am sorry I have to hang up now. Someone is knocking at the door.
对不起,我得挂电话了,有人敲门。
3. at least
至少,起码,不管怎样;
eg. At least that's the theory.
至少理论上是这样。
eg. At least that's my perception.
至少这是我的看法。