当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第35期:Born yesterday 轻易欺骗

The english we speak(BBC教学)第35期:Born yesterday 轻易欺骗

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.71W 次

padding-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教学)第35期:Born yesterday 轻易欺骗

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Feifei. And, as usual, I'm waiting for Neil, who's late. I think I'm going to get some revenge by playing a few jokes on him - especially as he forgot my birthday yesterday.

菲菲:大家好,欢迎来到我们所说的英语,我是菲菲。和平常一样,我正在等尼尔,他迟到了。我觉得我要报复他一下,和他开个玩笑,尤其是他昨天忘记了我的生日。

Neil: Hi there, sorry, I'm late. Welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil and with me today is Feifei.

尼尔:大家好,不好意思,我迟到了。欢迎来到我们所说的英语,我是尼尔,和我一起的是菲菲。

Feifei: I've done all of that.

菲菲:我已经做过这些了。

Neil: OK, how are you, Feifei?

尼尔:好的,你好吗,菲菲?

Feifei: Not... good...

菲菲:不太好。

Neil: Oh dear. What's the matter?

尼尔:哦亲爱的,发生了什么?

Feifei: I can't believe you forgot.

菲菲:我不敢相信你忘记了。

Neil: Forgot? Oh no, what have I forgotten?

尼尔:忘记?哦不,我忘记什么了?

Feifei: What haven't you forgotten? Well, for a start, you were supposed to meet me an hour ago.

菲菲:你么忘记什么?首先,你本应该一个小时之前就到达的。

Neil: Really? I thought I was only five minutes late.

尼尔:真的吗?我以为我只是晚了5分钟。

Feifei: An hour and five minutes late. Secondly, you were supposed to be dressed smartly as we are meeting that very famous guest later.

菲菲:你晚了一个小时零5分钟。其次,你本应该穿光鲜一点因为我们一会儿要见一个很有名的客人。

Neil: Famous guest?

尼尔:有名的客人?

Feifei: Yes, our very famous guest.

菲菲:是的,我们非常出名的来宾。

Neil: Who's that, then?

尼尔:那是谁呢?

Feifei: How could you forget that Justin Bieber is coming in?!

菲菲:你怎么能忘记贾斯汀比伯要来呢?

Neil: What!? My hero, Justin Bieber?! Where?! When?! Hang on a minute, Justin Bieber isn't coming in. I wasn't born yesterday, Feifei.

尼尔:什么?我的偶像,贾斯汀比伯?在哪?什么时候?等一下,贾斯汀比伯不会来的。我不会被欺骗的,菲菲。

Feifei: You weren't born yesterday but I was - well, twenty-something years ago. It was my birthday! And you forgot! In English, if you want to tell someone that they haven't made you believe an obvious lie, you can say I wasn't born yesterday. Here are some examples:

菲菲:你不是昨天生的但是我是--大约20多年前的的昨天。昨天是我的生日!你忘记了!在英语中,如果你想告诉某人你没有被他明显的谎言欺骗,你可以说我又不是昨天生的。以下是一些例子:

A: Did you know that I was the third man on the moon?

A:你知道我是第三个上月球的人吗?

B: I wasn't born yesterday. You're British and I know that no British people have walked on the moon.

B:我又不是昨天生的。你是英国人,我知道还没有英国人上过月球呢。

A: Learn Russian in 3 days with just one minute's study an hour!

A:一小时学一分钟,三天学会俄语!

B: Those adverts are so stupid! The only way to learn a language is years of hard study and practice. I wasn't born yesterday.

B:那些广告太傻了!学习一门语言的唯一方法就是长年的学习和练习。我不会被欺骗的。

Feifei: So, you can say "I wasn't born yesterday" to show that you are not easily fooled.

菲菲:所以,你可以说“我又不是昨天生的”来表示你不会被轻易欺骗。

Neil: And I wasn't born yesterday, so I know that Feifei's claim it was her birthday yesterday isn't true.

尼尔:我不会被轻易欺骗,所以我知道菲菲声称她昨天生日是假的。

Feifei: No, that bit is true.

菲菲:不,这个是真的。

Neil: Yeah, right. As I say: I wasn't born yesterday.

尼尔:是,对啊。正如我说的:我不会被轻易欺骗。

Feifei: I was! I really was born yesterday. I had a party and everything. Where's my card and present?

菲菲:我就是!我真的昨天生日。我举办了派对和所有东西。我的贺卡和礼物呢?

Neil: You're not going to fool me.

尼尔:你不会欺骗了我的。

Feifei: Argh, you're so annoying! I never forget your birthday, Neil.

菲菲:啊,你太烦人了!我从没忘记你的生日,尼尔。

Neil: I know it wasn't your birthday yesterday...

尼尔:我知道昨天不是你的生日...

Feifei: It was!

菲菲:昨天就是!