当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 常用商务英语口语 > 职场社交英语 Lesson 53:离我远一点

职场社交英语 Lesson 53:离我远一点

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.61K 次

职场社交英语 Lesson 53:离我远一点

SCENE② A 吉娜在艾文的隔间附近遇到他

padding-bottom: 66.88%;">职场社交英语 Lesson 53:离我远一点

【离我远一点】

Zina: Hi, Elvin. How are the new programmers I got for you.

吉娜: 嗨,艾文。我帮你找来的新程序设计师如何?

Elvin: Stay away from me.

艾文: 离我远一点。

Zina: Are you still mad about your nose? How is it?

吉娜: 还在气你鼻子的事啊?鼻子还好吧?

Elvin: I'm serious, Zina. 1) Back off. I have a bottle of pepper 2) spray in my pocket.

艾文: 我是认真的,吉娜。给我退后。我的口袋里有胡椒喷雾器。

Zina: That won't be necessary, Elvin. Look, I want to 3) apologize for your nose. I'm sorry.

吉娜: 没这个必要吧,艾文。听我说,我要为鼻子的事跟你致歉。对不起。

Elvin: Why are you being so nice to me? Don't think for a second that I trust you.

艾文: 你干嘛对我好?你别以为我会相信你。

语言详解:

A: I apologize for calling you this early in the morning.

我很抱歉这么一大早就打电话给你。

B: This had better be an emergency.

这最好是很要紧的事。

【mad about 为……生气】

mad about 有两个主要意义,一个是上面对话中所表现出的“生气”,另一个是“沉迷、热衷于”。例如:

I guess they're mad about the performance of their baseball players.

我猜他们是为了他们的棒球员表现而气愤不已。

Rose is quite mad about Andy.

萝丝相当着迷于安迪。

A: Did you say Jack wasn't mad about our spending more than 100 dollars of his money?

你是说杰克没有为了我们花掉他一百多块钱而生气吗?

B: Right. Because Jack is mad about you. Aren't you aware of that?

对的,因为杰克爱慕你。你没有感觉到吗?

换句话说,“mad about+人”是“着迷、爱慕某人”“mad with+人”才是“生某人的气”。例如:

She has been mad with me for a week.

她气我已经气一个星期了。

1) back off 退后

2) spray (n.) 喷雾器

3) apologize (v.) 道歉