当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 迷你对话学地道口语第2069期:视为平常,视为无价值

迷你对话学地道口语第2069期:视为平常,视为无价值

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.77W 次

情景对话:

padding-bottom: 100%;">迷你对话学地道口语第2069期:视为平常,视为无价值

A: Ann is always so careless.

安总是很粗心。

B: And she thinks nothing of it.

而且她对这一点从不在意。

A: Maybe we should have a talk with her about that.

我们应该和她好好谈谈这一点。

B:I suppose we do.

我想是的。

一, 词海拾贝

think nothing of:视为平常,视为无价值

e.g. They think nothing of piling on our homework or giving surprise quizzes.

他们给我们留一大堆作业或搞突击测试,对此他们觉得没有什么。

My brother earns so much money that he thinks nothing of spending $300 on a single meal.

我哥哥赚的钱那么多,一顿饭花300美元也不在乎。

e.g. People in this country think nothing of eating every part of an animal, which is something I've never been able to stomach.

这个国家的人认为吃动物的每一部分都是理所当然的事,而这是我从来都吃不下去的。

e.g. Your boss seems to think nothing of you, judging by the way she speaks about you behind your back.

你的老板似乎没有看得起你,从她在你背后说你的样子就可以看得出。

e.g. These corporations think nothing of the rights and desires that the consumer might have—all that matters to them is the bottom line.

这些公司根本不考虑消费者可能拥有的权利和欲望,所有的这些事情对他们来说却最重要的是底线。

二, 语汇积累

have a talk with someone about something:和某人谈某事

e.g. He looks like he's got an axe to grind. Better have a talk with him.

他看来是牢骚满腹, 你最好找他谈谈。

e.g. He was going to have a talk with me about this matter and attempt to get the thing in perspective.

他准备和我谈谈这件事,设法弄出个头绪来。

Alexandra privately resolved that she would have a talk with lvar about this and stir him up.

Alexandra私自决定要找埃法尔谈谈这个问题,并鼓励他一番。