当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习方法 > 常见英语情景对话

常见英语情景对话

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.45W 次

不同的人在进行英语对话时,可能会有不同的聊天方式,聊天的话题也不尽相同。下面是本站小编给大家整理了日常英语情景对话,供大家参阅!

常见英语情景对话
  英语情景对话:打电话

简在家吗?Is Jane at home?

我想和托马斯先生通话。I’d like to speak to Mr. Thomas。

接线员,我的电话断了。Operator, I was cut off。

我需要打一个急救电话。I need to make an emergency call。

我会再打的。I’ll call back。

他什么时候回来?When will he come back?

请给我接分机605好吗?Can you.put me through to extension 605?

如果他不在,请叫他的秘书来接电话。

If he’s not in, please ask his secretary to talk to me。

Making a Telephone Call

Clerk:Good morning. Wilson Association。

Brown:This is Mr. Brown speaking. I’d like to speak to Mr. Thomas。

Clerk:I’m sorry, but Mr. Thomas left here just a few minutes ago。

Brown:I’ve been trying to call him for the last ten minutes, but your line was busy. Will he be back soon?

Clerk:I’m afraid not. He is away for the rest of the day。

Brown:Is there other way I can reach him?

Clerk:I’m afraid not. He has gone out of this town on business. May I take a message?

Brown:I have a business appointment with him at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning, but I’m afraid I can’t make it。

Clerk:Would you like to make another appointment?

Brown:Unfortunately, I’m leaving here unexpectedly, and I may be away for several days。

Clerk:I see. I’ll tell Mr. Thomas that you’ve called。

Brown:Thank you。

  英语情景对话:接电话

喂!我是汤姆。Hello! This is Tom。

我就是。This is him。

哪位?Who’s speaking?

请稍等,我看他在不在。Hang on a moment, please. I’ll see if he’s in。

莉莉,有你的电话。 Lily, there’s a phone call for you。

抱歉,他不在。Sorry, he’s out。

他现在正忙着呢。He is tied up right now。

对不起,让你久等了。I’m sorry to have kept you waiting。

我把电话给你转过去。Let me transfer your call。

你要跟谁通话?Who do you want to talk to?

Answering the Telephone

Linda:Hello! Who is speaking?

John:Hello! This is John. I want to speak to Linda。

Linda:This is her。

John: Hi, Linda. I’m just calling to invite you to a dinner party tomorrow evening。

Linda:Really? What time and where?

John: 7:30 pm, at Longding Chinese restaurant. I’ll be at your place at 7:00 to pick you up if you need a ride。

Linda:Yes, please. I’ll need a ride. I’ll be waiting for you then。

John: See you tomorrow at 7:00. Make sure you dress a little formally. I heard the restaurant is kind of upscale。

Linda:Thank you. See you then。

John:See you。

  英语情景对话:戏剧学院

K: I want two tickets for The Hurt Locker tonight, please. How much are they?

K:两张今晚《拆弹部队〉的票,请问票价是多少?

T: 50 yuan a piece, but sorry it’s sold out. How about tomorrow night?

T: 50元一张,但是抱歉今晚的票卖完了,明晚怎么样?

K: Fine. Do you have anything in the first five rows?

K:好吧。有前五排的余票吗?

T: Yes. We do have a few seats available.

T:有,正好有余票。

K: Are you free tomorrow night?

K:你明晚有空吗?

J: Yes.

J:有空。

K: Two pieces, please.

K:两张明晚的票。

T: Here you are.

T:给你。

J: What’s the film talk about?

J:这部影片是关于什么的?

K: It is a war film about a United States Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team during the Iraq War. It’s a big box-office hit directed by Kathryn Bigelow5. As the war in Iraq continues, Staff Sgt. William James carries out one of the most dangerous of all military assignments: bomb defusing. While James thrives on the job’s risks, the head of his support team, Sgt. Sanborn, becomes increasingly worried by what he feels is a growing recklessness7) of James’ behaviour. Then, we should watch by ourselves.

K:这是一部关于伊拉克战争期间美国军队爆炸物处理小组的战争片。是由凯瑟琳毕 格罗导演的一部电影。伊拉克的战争在继续,陆军上士威廉詹姆斯担负的任务 是军队所有任务中最危险的一种一拆弹。他因一次次涉险成功而意气风发,但 拆弹组负责给他提供支援的军士桑伯恩却愈加忧心忡忡,因为他感到詹姆斯的行 为越来越表现出不计后果的鲁莽。接下来,我们就要自己看了。

J: OK. Is Kathryn Bigelow your favorite director?

J:好吧。凯瑟琳毕罗格是你最喜欢的导演吗?

K: No. My favorite director is Elia won two Academy Awards for Best Director, for Gentleman s Agreement and On the Waterfront . He was graduated from Yale University’s School of Drama3.

K:不是。我最喜欢的导演是伊莱亚卡赞。他因执导影片〈君子协定〉和〈在水边》 两次获得奧斯卡最佳导演奖。他毕业于耶鲁大学戏剧学院。

J: He is also my favourite director. He also directed A Streetcar Named Desire and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, two of the plays that made Tennessee Williams a theatrical and literary force. He also directed All My Sons and Death of a Salesman, the plays which did much the same for Arthur Miller.

J:他也是我最喜爱的导演。由他导演而成为名作的话剧包括田纳西威廉姆斯的(欲 望号街车〉和〈玻璃动物园〉以及阿瑟米勒的〈我的儿子们〉和〈推销员之死〉。 这些剧目分别奠定了田纳西威廉姆斯、阿瑟米勒在戏剧界、文学界的地位。

K: For actress, who is your favourite?

K:那女演员呢?你最喜欢谁?

J: My favourite actress is Meryl Streep. She is widely regarded as one of the most talented and respected movie actors of the modem era. She was also graduated from Yale School of Drama. Streep has received 16 Academy Award nominations, winning two, and 25 Golden Globe nominations, winning seven, more nominations than any other actor in the history of either award. Her work has also earned her two Emmy Awards, a Cannes Film Festival award, four New York Film Critics Circle Awards and five Grammy Award nominations.

J:我最喜欢梅丽尔斯特里普。她被公认为是现代最有才华和最受人尊重的演员之 一。她也毕业于耶鲁大学戏剧学院。她获得16次奥斯卡奖提名,两次摘得,25 次金球奖提名,7次摘得。在这两个颁奖礼上她比其他任何演员提名的次数都多。 她同时还收获了两个艾美奖,一个嘎纳电影节奖项,4个纽约影评人协会奖和5 项格莱美奖提名。

K: I am crazy about her.

K:我为她而疯狂。

J: You know, while at Yale she played a variety of roles onstage, from the glamorous Helena in A Midsummer Night’s Dream to an eighty-year old woman in a wheelchair in a comedy. “It was immediately apparent,” said then-dean Robert Brustein, “that she was destined for greatness.”

J:你知道吗?她在耶鲁大学时就已经在舞台上扮演了各种各样的角色,从 《仲夏夜 之梦》中迷人的海伦娜到一部喜剧中80岁的坐在轮椅上的老人。"真是立羊见影," 当时的院长罗伯特说,"她注定是伟大的。”

K: I like her film Out of Africa. It seems that we have much in common.

K:我喜欢她的电影《走出非洲〉。看来我们有许多共同之处。

J: Yes. We are both movie buffs. We enjoy the quite different sound effects and visual effects in cinema. And we are both from Yale School of Drama.

J:对啊,我们都是电影迷。我们享受电影院里非同一般的音响和视觉效果。我们都 来自耶鲁戏剧学院。

  >>>下一页更多精彩“日常英语情景对话”  英语情景对话:电话留言

我能替您捎个口信吗?May I take a message?

我会把口信转达给他的。I’ll give him the message。

我会告诉他你来过电话。I’ll tell him that you called。

我会尽力和他取得联系的。I’ll do my utmost to make contact with him。

你可以给他留个口信,他一有空就给你打回去。You can leave him a message, and he’ll get back to you the moment he’s free。

请让他给我回个电话。Please have him return my call。

我能留个口信吗? Can I leave a message?

都是些不重要的事,不用留言了。It’s all about something unimportant, so there’s no need to leave a message。

Leaving a Message

Frank:This is Frank speaking. May I ask who is calling?

Jane:This is Jane. I would like to speak with Mr. Wang, please。

Frank:I’m sorry, he’s not here at the moment. He’s gone to the International Business Center。

Jane:When do you expect him back?

Frank:I’m not sure. He didn’t say when he’d return. If you’d like, you can leave him a message, and he’ll get back to you the moment he’s free。

Jane:Yes, thank you. When he gets back, please let him know that Jane called and I need him to call me back。

Frank:Does he have your number?

Jane:Yes, he does. But I’ll give it to you again, 5-2-6-4-4-5-3-6.

Frank:That was 5-2-6-4-4-5-3-6, right?

Jane:Yes. Thank you very much。

Frank:You’re welcome。

  英语情景对话:打错电话

我准是拨错号了。l must have dialed the wrong number。

这儿没有这个人。Nobody here by that name。

对不起,你打错了。Sorry, I think you have the wrong number。

我肯定你打错电话了。I’m sure that you have the wrong number。

他也许是换新号码了。对不起打扰了。

He probably changed to a new number. I’m sorry I bothered you。

你打错电话了。请到电话簿里去查询正确的电话号码吧。

You have dialed the wrong number. Please look up the correct number in the telephone directory。

对不起,打扰了。I’m sorry that I have disturbed you。

没关系。That’s all right。

Dialing a Wrong Number

Frank:Hello!

Jane:Is Patti there?

Frank:I’m sorry, I’m afraid you’ve dialed the wrong number. There is no Patti here。

Jane:Wrong number? Are you sure? I called yesterday and she was there。

Frank:I’m sure you have the wrong number. This one has been my number for more than 20 years。

Jane:That’s impossible. I remember the number clearly. Isn’t this 763-4565?

Frank:No, it isn’t. It’s 736-4565. It seems you’ve misdialed。

Jane:Really? I’m so sorry I bothered you. I’ll try again。

Frank:That’s all right. This sort of thing happens all the time to everyone。

Jane:Yeah, I guess it does. Sorry again for bothering you。

Frank:No worries。

  英语情景对话:城市与大学

Z; What are you reading?

Z.你在读什么呢,安娜?

A: Oh, a book about the history of Cambridge. I'm reading the part named “Town and Gown”.

A:我在看一本关于剑桥历史的书,正读到“市镇与学袍’’的部分。

Z: What does this phrase mean?

Z:这是什么意思?

A: “Town” and “gown” are referring to the two distinct communities of a university town: “town” being the non-academic population and “gown" metonymlcally being the university community.

A:市镇与学袍是指大学城里面截然不同 的两个群体。市镇”指的不槁学术 研究的普通市民,而"学袍当然是 指大学了。

Z: I see. Just like some ancient seats of learning such as Oxford, Cambridge and St. Andrews.

Z.我明白了。一些古老的大学所在地就 是这样的大学城,比如牛津、剑桥和圣安德鲁斯等等?

A: You’re right. Sometimes, the term is also used to describe modem university towns.

你说的对。有时候,这个也用来指代 现在的大学城。

Z: Perhaps this term came into being when the oldest universities in the world began to form. I guess it was in the Middle Ages?

也许这个词是伴随着世界上最古老的几所大学的成立而产生的吧,是中世纪时

A: Yes. During that time, students admitted to the European universities often held minor clerical status and donned garb similar to that worn by the clergy. These vestments evolved into the academic long black gown, worn along with hood and cap.

A:是的。那时候,欧洲的大学生们常常会被安排一个无关紧要的神职,他们经常穿 着和神职人员相似的衣服。那种衣服经过长时间的演变,就渐渐变成了长长的黑 色学士袍,外加上垂布和一顶帽子。

Z: We can see that the hood nowadays is often adorned with different colors; maybe that is the way to designate from which college the young scholars come from.

Z:现在的垂布经常会用不同的颜色来装饰,也许这就是用来分辩那些年轻的学者分别来自哪个学院的一种方法吧。

A: Besides, by their distinctive clothing, the students were set apart and distinguished from the citizens of the town; hence the phrase “town and gown”.

A:此外,因为这种特别的服装,学生们就和市桌'们区别开了。所以才有了 "市镇和 学袍”这个说法。

Z: Now that kind of gown has become a tradition in the universities. University students all over the world wear gowns like that at special occasions, for example, the degree ceremony and so on.

Z:现在,这种服装已经成为了大学里的一项传统。世界各地的大学生在特殊的场含 都会穿这种学袍,比如说在毕业典礼上。

A: That’s true. Now you understand this phrase, and do you want to know more about it?

A:对啊。现在你知道这个说法的意思了吧,想不想了解更多关于“市镇和学袍?_的 事情啊?

Z: I’d like to. Tell me more about it!

Z:快讲讲吧。

A: OK. The town and gown rivalry is mentioned in the book, too.

A:好的。书里面还提到了市镇和大学之间的对立。

Z: Rivalry? You mean they do not get along well with each other?

Z:对立?你是说他们之间的关系不好吗?

A: Yes. Conflict was inevitable in the medieval university towns where two separately governed bodies with different priorities and loyalties shared the same restricted space.

A:对。中世纪的大学城里,这两个独立团体身处同一片土地,却有着不同权益和 信仰,免不了会发生冲突。

Z: Sounds reasonable. Moreover, violence was commonplace in medieval life, not only between scholars and townsmen but among ordinary citizens.

Z:说的有道理。再说,暴力事件在中世纪十分普遍,不仅仅是在学者与市民之间, 市民之间也常常会发生。

A: It also happened between scholars from different regions of Europe who attended the universities. Violent confrontations between town and gown erupted on a recurring basis.

A:来自欧洲不同地区的学者之间也会起冲突。市镇与大学之间的冲突更是会反复发 生。

Z: I heard that The University of Cambridge was originally set-up after a fight between the townspeople of Oxford and scholars from the University of Oxford forced many scholars to flee to a new location.

Z:我听说,剑桥大学就起源于牛津市民和牛津大学之间的一场争端,许多牛津的学 者不得不逃到一个新的地方。

A: That is mentioned in the book. That was in 1209,and several decades later, the tension between the scholars at Cambridge and the towns people forced the King to grant special privileges and protection to Cambridge University.

A:书里面也提到了这一点。那是在1209年了。几十年后,剑桥学者和市民之间的 矛盾又激化了,国王不得不亲自出面授予大学一些特权,对其进行保护。

Z: As urban universities increase in size and complexity, the conflict between them may become more and more severe.

Z:随着大学的面积不断扩大,结构越来越复杂,他们之间的冲突就越来越激烈。

A: That's for sure. To a large extent, “town versus gown" disputes have moved from the streets into the courts and city hall.

A:这是肯定的。有时候,市镇和大学之间的织争甚至会从大街上转移到法院和市 政厅。

Z: Did they ever pay regard to the town-gown connection?

Z:他们难道从来都不考虑市镇和大学之间的紧密联系吗?

A: No idea. Universities boast that their existence is the backbone of the town economy, while the towns counter with claims that the institution is “robbing” them of tax revenue.

A:我也不知道。大学会说是城市经济的支柱,而城市反而会指责大学抢走了他们的一部分税收。

Z: The same thing may happen today, however the situation is much better than before since violence seldom happened.

Z:这在今天也可能发生,可是情况已经比原来好多了,至少暴力事件很少出现。


看过日常英语对话的人还看了:

1.美国日常英语对话大全

2.生活常见英语情景对话

3.关于英文情景对话大全

4.英语约会实用情景对话

5.英语情景对话大全