当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > OMG美语讲堂第215期:Settle Down安定下来

OMG美语讲堂第215期:Settle Down安定下来

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.2W 次

OMG! 美语 How I Met Your Mother: Settle Down!

padding-bottom: 56.41%;">OMG美语讲堂第215期:Settle Down安定下来

Settle Down 安定下来

Kids, earlier in this story you may recall me saying something along the lines of:

孩子们,早在这个故事中,你可能记得我说的:

OK. No more dating. I am ready to settle down.

好啊。不再去约会。我准备好定下来。

Settle down 的意思就是跟你的女友或者男友定下来,准备好结婚。

You've been with Ryan for 3 years! Are you ready to settle down?

你和Ryan在一起已经有3年了!你们准备好定下来吗?

Yeah I am SO ready for him to propose!

准备好啊!我希望他会向我求婚哦!

And at the time I probably thought I meant it.

当时我觉得我大概是说真的。

I mean it! 我说真的!

Stop dancing around! 别再接着跳舞了!

(other person dancing)

I mean it! Stop! 我是认真的!停下!

I didn't mean it! 我不是故意的!

I can't believe you don't like my glasses

我不敢相信你不喜欢我的眼镜

I didn't mean it! I was joking!

我不是故意的!我是开玩笑的吧!

But kids, I'll be honest, being single's fun.

但是,孩子们,说实话,单身很好玩!

As a young, unattached man in New York City I had a great time.

住在纽约市年轻,单身的家伙就非常好玩儿啦!

unattached 单身

My sister is still unattached. And she's 35!

我的姐姐还是单身的。她是35岁哦!

That's OK! She'll find her soulmate someday!

没事吧!她还会找到她的灵魂伴侣啊!

A great time. 很好玩哦!

What was I saying? 我在说什么?

Oh yeah. I had such a great time that it took someone very special

to make me want to settle down.

对啊。我玩儿的非常开心。但是一个非常特别的人让我发现我准备好定下来。

And that someone was Jeanette.

那很特别的人就是Jeanette.

What made Jeanette so special?

Jeanette为什么很特别呢?

That was a foul!! 那就是犯规!!!

Jeanette was the last girl I dated before I met your mother.

我见到你的妈妈之前,Jeanette是我最后一个女朋友。

The girl who finally got me to say: "No more dating."

终于让我说"不要再去约会"的女孩。

I'm ready to settle down. 我准备好定下来。

And really mean it. 我说真的。