一分钟英语 第49期:Breath of Fresh Air 新事物
Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将教授您一些美式俚语。Imagine you are standing outside after a rain storm, and you take a deep breath.
想象你自己站在雨后的室外,深吸一口气。Its new, fresh, and it smells good.
空气很新鲜,好闻极了。
But what does this have to do with American English?
但是这和美语有什么关系呢?I love the new baseball coach.
我喜欢新的棒球教练。He's got great ideas for making us better players.
他的训练方法很好,能把我们训练成更好的棒球手。He does. He's like a breath of fresh air for the team.
确实是的。他就像是棒球队的一股新鲜空气,让棒球队耳目一新。"A breath of fresh air" means something new.
“新鲜空气”(A breath of fresh air)是用来形容新事物的。It's a nice change from the way things used to be.
这是一种很好的改变。You can use this phrase to describe an event, a place, or even a person.
你可以用这个短语去形容一件事,一个地方,甚至是一个人。And you can use this phrase in any situation.
你可以把这个短语用在任何场合。And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。