一分钟英语 第99期:Keep your eye on the ball
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!A lot of idioms in American English come from sports.
美语中大量习语来源于体育。Here is one that comes from baseball: Keep your eye on the ball.
下面的习语就是个例子:全神贯注
Let's learn how to use this expression when not talking about sports.
让我们来学习如何在不谈论体育的情况下使用这个表达吧。Hey, Jonathan! How is your Arabic class going?
嗨,乔纳森!你的阿拉伯语课上的怎么样啦?It's going okay. I'm not studying as much as I should be.
还不错。不过我并没有很努力地学习。Jonathan, you had better keep your eye on the ball if you want to win that scholarship to study in Egypt. Study harder!
乔纳森,如果你真想赢得奖学金、去埃及读书的话,你最好集中精力好好学习。加把劲儿!I know. I know. You're right.
我知道。我知道。你说的对。To "keep your eye on the ball" means to keep your attention on something important to you, usually to reach a goal.
"集中精力"表示,集中注意力在某件对你来说重要的事情上,通常是为了实现某个目标。This idiom can be used in all situations.
这个习语适用于任何情况。In our example, Anna tells Jonathan he needs to keep his eye on the ball if he wants to get a scholarship.
在今天的例子中,安娜告诉乔纳森,他需要集中精力,如果想要拿到奖学金。And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!