当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语听力 > 纯正地道英语口语听力

纯正地道英语口语听力

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.81W 次

纯正地道的美语口语听力,我们可以仔细地研磨研磨。下面是本站小编给大家整理的纯正地道英语口语听力,供大家参阅!

纯正地道英语口语听力
  纯正地道英语口语听力:信用不佳

Having Bad Credit 信用不佳

Alisha: This is the second time I’ve been turned down for a credit card in a month. I don’t knowwhat I’m doing wrong.

这是我一个月之内第二次信用卡被拒了。我不知道自己做错了什么。

James: Have you.checked your credit report recently? Maybe you have a bad credit rating.

你最近有没有查看信用记录?或许你的信用评级不好。

Alisha: I have a full-time job with a good income, which they can easily verify, and I don’t haveany outstanding debt, so what could be the problem?

我有一份收入良好的全职工作,他们很容易证实,我也没有未偿付债务,那可能是什么问题呢?

James: Have you had a credit card before?

你以前有没有信用卡呢?

Alisha: Yes.

有。

James: Did you always make your payments on time?

你有没有及时支付呢?

Alisha: Well, no.

哦,没有。

James: Then that may be your answer. Your payment history makes a big difference with thecredit bureau. If you’ve missed payments or been late, that’s a big strike against you.

可能就是这个问题了。你的支付历史对信用评定机构有很大影响。如果你未支付或延时支付,对你来说是一个很大的打击。

Alisha: You mean if I were late a few times, I wouldn’t be able to get another credit card?

你是说如果我有几次未及时支付,我不可能再得到另外一张信用卡?

James: A few times? How many times?

几次?多少次?

Alisha: Well, maybe a lot of times.

哦,或许很多次。

James: And why do you need another credit card if you already have one?

如果你已经有一张信用卡了,为什么还要再申请一张呢?

Alisha: Had one, past tense. The credit card company cancelled it.

曾经有,已经是过去了。信用卡公司取消了。

James: Ah ha, I think we’ve just found the crux of the problem.

哈哈!我想我们已经发现了问题的关键了。

down拒绝

Before this I'd have smiled and turned her down...

在这之前,我本该笑着拒绝她。

it report信用报告

Loans to people who have no personal credit report?

没有贷款的人有个人信用报告吗?

tanding未支付的,未结清的,Money that is outstanding has not yet been paid and isstill owed to someone.

The total debt outstanding is $70 billion...

未偿债务总额达700亿美元。

time按时,准时

He will come on time even though it rains.

即使下雨,他还是会准时来的。

(难题或辩论的)关键,最难点,症结 The crux of a problem or argument is the mostimportant or difficult part of it which affects everything else.

He said the crux of the matter was economic policy.

他说问题的症结在于经济政策。

  纯正地道英语口语听力:整洁

Being Tidy and Messy 整洁和邋遢

A:It is beyond me how you and Oscar can be roommates. You’re very tidy and he’s, well, aslob.

我真不明白你和Oscar怎么能成为室友的。你如此整洁,而他那么邋遢。

B:It’s not always easy, but we’re making it work.

确实不容易,但是我们做到了。

A:Isn’t Oscar really messy all the time? Whenever I see him, his clothes are rumpled and hishair is unkempt.

难道Oscar不是一直很邋遢吗?我每次见到他,都是衣服皱巴巴,头发乱蓬蓬的。

B:His room is really cluttered, but he keeps the common areas in passable condition. I do haveto straighten up fairly often, and I sometimes have to pick up after him, but that’s because I’mpretty nitpicky.

他的房间确实乱七八糟,但是公共区域还是可以接受的。我确实需要经常清理,有时甚至跟在他后面收拾,但那是因为我很挑剔。

A:That’s very tolerant of you.

你太宽容了。

B:Well, we have set up a system so that if things get too messy, I have some recourse.

我们制定了规章制度,如果太乱了,我有追索权。

A:Really, what’s your system?

你们的规章制度是什么呢?

B:Oscar and I agreed that every time he leaves a big mess, I can fine him.

我和Oscar一致同意,每次他把房间弄得太乱,我可以罚款。

A:That seems kind of drastic, but maybe it works for you guys.

这听上去非常严厉,不过或许对你们男孩子来说管用。

B:Yeah, it keeps the place pretty clean.

是的,这样可以让我们的房间非常整洁。

A:Still, knowing Oscar, you must have had to fine him a lot.

不过,根据我对Oscar的了解,你肯定罚了他很多次。

B:Let’s just say that my next vacation will be in Monte Carlo!

我只想说,我下一次度假想去蒙特卡罗。

nd me 难以理解。 If something is, for example, beyond understanding or beyond belief,it is so extreme in some way that it cannot be understood or believed. 例如:

What Jock had done was beyond my comprehension...

我无法理解乔克的所作所为。

icky 吹毛求疵的

ighten up 清理

We'd better straighten up the house before they get back.

我们最好在他们回来之前把房子收拾好。

urse 追索权

Your only recourse is legal action.

你的唯一依靠就是诉诸法律。

of 稍微,有点儿,有几分

I'm feeling kind of tired.

我感到有点累。

tic adj. 激烈的;猛烈的;(法律等)严厉的; 极端的

Our China is also undergoing rapid and drastic change.

我们中国也处在急剧的变动中间。

  纯正地道英语口语听力:和父母住在一起

Living With Your Parents 和父母住在一起

A: Why did your girlfriend break up with you?

为什么你女友和你分开了?

B: I don't know, she said she was tired of me not manning up and being more independent,which I think is all a bunch of crap.

我不知道,她说她厌倦我没有阳刚之气和不够独立,我觉得这些都是胡说八道。

A: Well, you still live with your parents, so she does have a point.

嗯,你还和你的父母住在一起,所以他说的有些道理。

B: What do you mean? Lots of people live with their parents, especially when rent is soexpensive and the slump in the economy.

你是什么意思?很多人都和父母住在一起,特别是如今房租如此地昂贵,经济衰落。

A: Yeah, but you are almost forty! Plus, you make good money so there is really no excuse. It'ssimply because you are a momma's boy.

是的,但是你都快40岁了,你赚了很多钱,没有理由还和父母一起住。其实就是因为你心智还不成熟。

B: Whatever dude, I have everything I need, why would I move out! Have a great roof over myhead, my mom does my laundry and cooks for me, what else could a guy ask for!

哥们,管它呢。我已经有了我需要的,为什么我要搬出去呢!我妈妈是我头顶的一片天,为我洗衣服做饭,一个男人还能要求什么呢?

A: Let's agree to disagree.

好吧,我就持保留意见吧。

1. a bunch of crap

a bunch of 一群;一束;一堆

Miss White receiveda bunch offlowers from her admirer. 怀特小姐收到爱慕者所送的一束花。

I've madea bunch offriends and we party every weekend. 我交了一大群的朋友,我们每个周末都开派对。

crap n. 废话;废物;屎;拉屎 vi. 掷骰子;拉屎

Why do you people still watch thatcrap? 为什么你们这些人还看这些狗屁节目?

We shipped a lot ofcrapout of Detroit in our day. 当时我们就曾从底特律把大量劣货装运出去。

good money 很赚钱,赚很多钱

Tomake good money, you have to do good business. 要赚大钱,您得经营好您的业务。

Those workersmake good money. Why are they on strike? 这些工人的收入不错。他们为什么要罢工呢?

e to disagree 消除分歧,求同存异;同意各自保留不同意见

You don't have to win every e to disagree. 不用争赢每一场辩论。试着对不同意见表示赞同。

The market, on the other hand, "allows investors toagree to disagree". 另一方面,市场“允许投资人求同存异”。

At this point Chinese and Occidentals mustagree to disagree, for they can never be broughtto view the same things in the same light. 中国人和西方人必须有个共识,就是在这一点上,他们不可能达成共识,因为他们永远不可能以同样的方式去看同样的事物。